Search This Blog

.

.

hell is empty. all the devils are here.... shakespeare

hell is empty. all the devils are here.... shakespeare

Monday, December 27, 2010

another one just in time for the new year~

So I finished this one faster than the others, I actually made this one in 4 days!!!! That's a record for me! I was making her for a gift exchange that I had for Christmas, but I started her the day before so I ended up having to wait because the clay was not dry by Christmas morning. Nevertheless, I am very happy that I got to keep her for my collection, wouldn't want her in the wrong hands. Not everyone can appreciate art, right? or at least my art, maybe??? Anyhow, I was very happy about how she turned out.

I guess I should try to sell some of these, but I have grown attached to them all and can't bare to part with them... one day.... maybe...

I did learn a few things while making her:

Make glitter the final step!!!
Do not crackle too much, once you add the antiquing, it will show a LOT more!!!
The antiquing paint/medium whatever it's called, use it sparingly, she doesn't need to look like she was dragged through the mud afterwards, LOL!

Here she is: Golden Fairy (need to find her a name!)


 Musical notes on her wings... not my idea of course... I think I saw this on one of Nancyes Art Dolls.

3 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! I know what you mean about not wanting to let go of any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very cute. I love her crown...it makes her look very magical.

    ReplyDelete