Thursday, February 3, 2011
and the Stylist Blogger award goes to....
1. Over 30 years ago, my parents immigrated from Mexico to "the land of opportunity", something that I am thankful for, thanks to that we have had a good life, all my brothers and sisters are hard working professionals, we all have made a good living... my parents are both American citizens now and my father never stopped working not since the day that he arrived here, even after retirement. From him, I have learned to work hard, it always pays off...
2. I am proud of my Mexican culture, I love everything Frida, Day of the Dead and Pancho Villa... Viva la revolucion!
3. I am a rock and roll kinda chic... I love music, classic rock, indie and some punk and underground stuff.
4. I am thinking of getting my Art certification this summer to teach Art in Highschool... but I'm still hesitant.. I love my babies...
5. I secretly would like to learn to play an instrument... the guitar and take singing lessons.
6. It's a secret because my husband is a musician (as a hobby, he has a 9-5) he plays the guitar and sings in a band, and at some point I have made fun of him for not ever giving up his rock and roll dreams....
7. I am very non-traditional.
8. I have a 16 year old who wants to get a nose piercing... what? as non traditional as I am I still said no, why? don't know... still pondering on it.
9. I am starting my Masters of Fine Arts program in the spring with an Art History emphasis.
10. I want to start a business one day soon... t shirt design... I think.
11. I hate cooking... oh I only needed 10, but this one is important... I REALLY HATE cooking!
Now.... I nominate the following Seven blogs for this great Stylish award. These blogs are all wonderful and interesting and have much to share with you.
1. Dawn from http://goldbettyboop.blogspot.com/ love her pendants!
2. Dawn from http://dawnintheforest.blogspot.com/ lots of pretty dolls!
3. Novelda from http://boldgenius.blogspot.com/ beautiful fairies found here!
4. Myra Rene from http://mayrarene.blogspot.com/ more beautiful dolls here!
5. Gail from http://onefinepencil.blogspot.com/ lots of fun creative stuff!
6. Abigail from http://abigailscreativejourney.blogspot.com/ mixed media art and crafty blog!
7. Patte from http://odd-dolls.blogspot.com/ who started me in this journey... she does not know it... thanks Patee... I made my first doll face with her creating a witches face tutorial.
Congrats to all of the above Blogs .. .I know you all have worked hard for this recognition. I wish I could add more, there are so many blogs that I love besides these, but I will have to save those for a later date.
Now each of you please pick up your AWARD and post it to you blog, linking it back to me
and tell us ten things about yourself we did not know.. then choose SEVEN BLOGS of your choice. I know it is a busy time with the OWOH and all so take your time and post whenever you're ready.
Posted by ziggy stardust at 11:00 AM