Search This Blog

.

.

hell is empty. all the devils are here.... shakespeare

hell is empty. all the devils are here.... shakespeare

Thursday, July 12, 2012

My shabby kitchen

I love the shabby look. For years now, I have looked and looked through pictures and blogs trying to get an idea of how to get this look right. I did a lot of research and I finally felt the courage to attempt it. I got rid of my old contemporary set which needed to be replaced anyway and I found this on Craiglist, it was pretty cheap so I decided to go for it:
Although it was already beautiful, and I give credit to the artist for her redo... It didn't quite fit. I wasn't feeling the fabric. So, I ran to the Home Depot on a Sunday evening right before they closed and I bought a staple gun for $20. I had some old fabric that I really loved and I reupholstered all 4 chairs that evening at 10pm!!! And I was so proud that I did this with no help from "the man" (my man; he usually does the things that require power tools.....) 


This is what sits in my kitchen nook now... I also added some pics of some of the china and other little things that I have been collecting and making for a while now. BTW, if anyone is thinking of doing this but is hesitant... go for it... it's super easy!!! All you need is a $20 staple gun... I know the fabric might not last forever. I did cover it with Scotch Guard... but I thought I didn't want to wast an expensive fabric with it being my first time doing this...and as easy as this is, if I have to replace it soon, by that time I might already have something different in mind and its a breeze to do...












2 comments:

  1. Hi Ziggy! Oh, I love your new table and chairs! That's incredible that you found this and 4 chairs to go with it. You did a good job on your chairs...the fabric is beautiful! And, you're right-you can always go for something else inexpensively or expensively when you need to. This is great, and, wonderful pretty china! Kudos to you. See you soon.♥

    ReplyDelete