Search This Blog

.

.

hell is empty. all the devils are here.... shakespeare

hell is empty. all the devils are here.... shakespeare

Monday, July 30, 2012

Shabby dream catcher....

I love Rachel Ashwell. She is truly an inspiration. Unfortunately, I can't afford most of her stuff, or maybe I could, but then I would feel guilty. I recently read a blog that inspired me even more... and she wrote "So we are inspired by others in what is created and by looking in the past to conquer what makes us happy. What makes something original? The wonderful thing about art is that if we place a rose in front of five artists, each artist will capture the rose differently, and so each painting will differ. " by Kathy from Kathy's Cozy Cove on Blogspot... (http://kattyscosycove.blogspot.com/)


It gives me great joy to be able to create something out of nothing, at at the end, maybe that's why even if I could spare the extra cash, then I would not. I  would miss that feeling of  satisfaction and joy and pride, that feeling of accomplishment  that you feel when you make something with your own hands out of scraps... or junk or even trash, lol. So this is my version of that painting of a rose that Kathy talked about, in the form of a dream catcher...  my version of it. Maybe not as shabby or beautiful as Rachels or even Kathys, but its the one I made and the one I love the most... Now I just have to find a place for it...


 Also wanted to share my favorite charlotte dolls...




2 comments:

  1. Hi Ziggy, how are you faring in this now, hot, muggy summer? Your dreamcatcher is beautiful. The colors you used makes me think of roses! See? You can capture worlds of beauty just by the idea of one delicate item.

    Your little dolls are sweet. They look vintage. Hope you are doing well, I'm sure you are staying busy. See you soon.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a decent blog post and defіnitely hеlρed сlеar my brain а little bit

    Cheсk out my wеbsite - wedding toe rings

    ReplyDelete